1. Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice explains the information practices and policies of RAAS TECHNOLOGY PTY LTD ABN 98 643 164 943 (“GiveFreely”). It describes how we collect, use, and disclose information of:
- (a) individuals (i.e. employees of customers or our customers’ customers, collectively “customers”) that use or may use our Products and Services;
- (b) individuals (i.e. employees of customers or our customers’ customers, collectively “customers”) of prospective customers; and/or
- (c) any visitors to any websites owned by RAAS TECHNOLOGY PTY LTD.
For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to RAAS TECHNOLOGY PTY LTD (“GiveFreely”) and “you” refers to anyone whose information we process for the purposes above.
This Privacy Notice does not reflect the privacy policies or practices of our customers or any other third party. RAAS TECHNOLOGY PTY LTD (“GiveFreely”) is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any customer, any customers’ customers, or any other third party.
RAAS TECHNOLOGY PTY LTD (“GiveFreely”) is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to GiveFreely web site, all other websites and app created by RAAS TECHNOLOGY PTY LTD (“GiveFreely”) and governs data collection and usage. By using the website or any other products and services created by RAAS TECHNOLOGY PTY LTD, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
When you use our Services, you’re trusting us with your information. We understand this is a big responsibility and work hard to protect your information and put you in control.
2. How We Collect, Use, and Share Information
We primarily collect, access, use, and share Personal Information where necessary for us to market and provide Products and Services to our customers and in the ordinary course of running our business, including through the receipt of communications such as emails, website enquiries and telephone calls.
When we say, “Personal Information,” we mean individually identifiable information that alone or when in combination with other information may be used to readily identify, contact, or locate a specific person, such as a name, address, phone number, username, email address, and password, it might also include information such as your IP addresses and/or other online identifiers and information related to your device (see “Cookies or Similar Technologies” section below)
3. Information Collected through Our Products, Services and Websites
When you visit our Websites or use our Services, we may collect information, including Personal Information, in the following ways:
3.1 Information That You Provide to Us Voluntarily
- When you visit or use some parts of our Websites or Services, we receive information from you, including when you register for an account, make a payment, or provide information to us through your use of the Services. We collect the following information from you:
- Your name and email address when you sign up for an account or take part in training and events;
- Your name, age, sex, marital status, religious affiliation or denomination, photographs, and any other information you upload when you create a profile.
- Your postings when you participate in community forums or join us on social media;
- Your contact information and a record of any correspondence when you contact us.
- Failing to provide your information may mean you can’t use some parts of our Websites or Services. In addition, if you choose to communicate with us via a web form, email, or by telephone, we will keep a copy of our communication together with your email address or phone number and our responses.
3.2 Information That We Collect Automatically
- When you visit our Website or use our Products and Services, we may also collect device related information from your device(s), including information such as an IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location), the date and time of use of our Products and Services, the date and time of an event on your IT systems, information from system logs, and technical attributes about the device or a web browser.
- We collect this information because it enables us to better understand use of our Website, and Products and Services. Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading “Cookies or Similar Technologies” below.
3.3 Cookies or Similar Technologies
A persistent cookie gets entered by your Web browser into the “Cookies” folder on your computer and remains there after you close your Web browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site; however, session cookies are held temporarily in your computer’s memory and may disappear after you close your browser or shut off your computer.
- If you have arrived at our Website by clicking on a banner ad, a session cookie may be used. This cookie contains an identification number for the advertisement that you clicked on, and it helps us determine which of its ads attracts the most visitors. If you choose to request further information from us about our Products and Services, the personal information that you provide in that request will be linked to the information in the session cookie.
- To better understand how our sites are used, our Websites may also use persistent cookies along with other information collected in our servers’ files (e.g., IP Address, referring URLs, etc.). Each browser is different, so you should check your browser’s “Help” menu to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you reject or block cookies, our Websites may not function as intended.
3.4 Information That We Obtain from Third Party Sources
- We may also collect information from commercially available sources but only where we are legally permitted to collect the information. Such information may include names, addresses, email addresses, and demographic data. The information we collect from these commercial sources may be combined and cross-referenced with information collected through our Products and Services. We use this information for communications purposes to provide direct marketing materials for our customers or prospective customers.
From time to time, we may also ask our partners or customers to voluntarily provide us with the email addresses of contacts of other organisations, so they too can benefit from the various products and Products and Services offered by us and our trusted affiliates. Where we do, we will ask that they have the permission to pass on these details to us.
3.5 How We Use Information Collected through Our Products, Services and Websites
- We use the information we collect, including Personal Information, to respond to any request or query directed to us (for example through web forms or email), to provide you/your organisation with our Products and Services and to manage our relationship with you.
- For example, we may respond to a job application, address any enquiries or complaints you may have, endeavour to improve the Products and Services we provide, or provide you with information about other products and Products and Services we offer that we think you may be interested in.
- If we have the right to do so, we may use your Personal Information for the purposes of direct marketing communications to your organisation, such as by adding your contact and other details to a marketing database. Where we do, we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out in accordance with section 5.
- We may use any information we collect through the Products and Services and/or any of our Websites for internal and service-related purposes, including providing it to third parties as necessary to allow us to facilitate provision of the Products and Services, maintain or improve our Website security, and/or invoicing for example.
- From time to time, we will anonymise, and aggregate data collected through our Products and Services for analytics purposes, product improvement purposes and other commercial purposes.
4. How We May Disclose Information Collected through Our Products, Services and Websites
We may share any information we collect, including Personal Information with the following categories of recipients and/or in the following circumstances.
4.1 With Our Group Companies, Third-Party Vendors and Service Providers.
- We may share any information, including Personal Information, with any of our group companies, vendors and/or service providers in connection with the provision or marketing of the Products and Services, and Websites. These third parties have access to Personal Information to the extent necessary to permit them to do their jobs, however, they are bound by confidentiality agreements before any information is provided to them, and they are restricted from using the information for other purposes.
4.2 As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures.
- We may access, preserve, and disclose information, including Personal Information, if we believe it is necessary: to comply with national security or law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; to respond to your requests; to prevent or address fraud, security, or technical issues; or to protect our property or other legal rights or the rights or property of others, or to protect the vital interests of others.
4.3 Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers.
- If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing, reorganisation, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, information collected through our Products and Services or our Websites (or both) may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction, as permitted by law and/or contract.
Other than as stated in this Privacy Notice, we will not release Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties, and we will not cross-reference Personal Information collected through one customer’s use of our Products and Services with that of any other customer or entity.
5. Access, Integrity, Retention, and Choices
5.1 Personal Information of customers’ customers
- Please note that if you are one of our customers’ customers whose Personal Information we may backup or otherwise process in providing Products and Services to our customers, you must submit any requests for access to, correction, amendment, or deletion of your Personal Information, to our applicable customer.
5.2 Access & Correction
- If you wish to request access to, correction, or deletion of Personal Information you have submitted through our Websites, you can contact us at [email protected]
5.3 Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation
- We will use Personal Information only for or in ways compatible with the purposes for which it was collected.
5.4 Information Retention
- We keep information we need to provide our Products and Services only so long as we have a valid business purpose, in accordance with applicable law and our customer agreements. For example, to provide you with Products and Services you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements.
- When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we will delete it. If immediate deletion is not possible (for example, because your Personal Information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible or unless as otherwise required by law.
5.5 User Choices
- We include an “unsubscribe” hyperlink in our marketing emails for those users who wish to stop receiving email communication from us. The hyperlink will connect to one of our websites, which will confirm the email address that has been automatically unsubscribed and will no longer receive emails from us.
We take steps to ensure that information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice which include appropriate technical and organisational measures. These measures are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing of your Personal Information. However, neither the Internet nor any form of electronic storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information provided to us.
7. Compliance with Australian Privacy Principles
We comply with the Australian Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”) regarding the collection, storage, use and disclosure of Personal Information from Australian users.
In addition to the uses set out in the section titled “How We Use Information Collected through Our Products, Services and Websites”, we may also use your information, including Personal Information, for a secondary purpose that is related to a purpose for which we collected it, where you would reasonably expect us to use your Personal Information for that secondary purpose.
Under the Privacy Act, we have an obligation (the “Obligation”) to take reasonable steps, in the circumstances, before disclosing Personal Information to an overseas recipient to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach privacy laws in relation to that information. However, should we obtain your consent to disclose your Personal Information to an overseas recipient, the Obligation does not apply.
In obtaining your consent, we will not be accountable, and you will not be able to seek redress against us under the Privacy Act, if the overseas recipient handles your Personal Information in breach of the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”) under the Privacy Act.
In providing your consent under this Privacy Notice, you acknowledge and agree to the risks associated with the disclosure of your Personal Information overseas. These risks may include the overseas recipient not being subject to any privacy obligations or privacy principles similar to the APPs and the overseas recipient being subject to foreign law that could compel the disclosure of your Personal Information to a third party, such as an overseas authority.
If you are a customer in Australia and wish to access, correct or update your information in accordance with section 5, we may refuse certain requests but only in circumstances where this is permitted under the Privacy Act.
8. Legal Basis for processing your Personal Information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Information described above will depend on the Personal Information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
We will normally collect Personal Information from you only where we need the Personal Information to perform our contract for our Products and Services with our customers, where the processing is in our legitimate interests (provided these interests are not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms), or otherwise if we have your consent to do so.
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect Personal Information from you such as to comply with background check requirements, tax details, or other benefit information for our employees.
If we ask you to provide Personal Information to comply with a legal requirement or to contact you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your Personal Information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your Personal Information). Similarly, if we collect and use your Personal Information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are and before doing so will ensure that we have considered your rights and interests.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your Personal Information, please contact us at [email protected]
9. Payment information
10. Your Rights
We acknowledge individuals’ rights in relation to their personal data under application data protection laws.
In addition, if GDPR applies to your Personal Information, you may have the following data protection rights which you may exercise at any time by using the contact details provided under the “Complaints and How to Contact Us” section below:
- You may access, correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Information;
- You can object to processing of your Personal Information, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information;
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. In addition to using our contact details below, for email marketing communications you can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you;
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your Personal Information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent;
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.;
- We will respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Please note, if you are an individual whose personal information we processes as a “data processor”, for example to provide Products and Services on behalf of our customers, you must contact the relevant data controller of your Personal Information to exercise your rights. This might be one of our customers.
11. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect, store, or use information from children, including those under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you may not submit any information through our Websites, App, or Products and Services. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided information to us through our Websites, App, or Products and Services, please contact us and we will endeavour to delete that information from our databases.
12. Do Not Track
Our Websites currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals and operate as described in this Privacy Notice whether a DNT signal is received or not.
13. Changes to This Privacy Notice
If we make a material change to our information practices, such as to how we use Personal Information, we will make reasonable efforts to provide notice on our website and/or through our customers and obtain consent to any such uses as may be required by law.
14. Complaints and How to Contact Us
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about this Privacy Notice or our information practices, please email us at [email protected]
If you don’t receive adequate resolution of a privacy-related problem, you may write to our legal team at:
RAAS TECHNOLOGY PTY LTD (“GiveFreely”)
Shop 3, 1 Guess Avenue
Wolli Creek NSW 2205
If a complaint cannot be resolved by any of the mechanisms described above or for more information on your privacy rights, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at:
Phone: 1300 363 992. If calling from outside Australia: +61 2 9284 9749
Fax: +61 2 9284 9666
Email: [email protected]
Address: GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001